This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does it mean, socially speaking, when someone de-friends you on facebook?
11-09-2012, 12:15 PM
What does it mean, socially speaking, when someone de-friends you on facebook?
Has it any significance in the real world?

Is the right etiquette to ignore it, or ask why?

And, what do you think of this "explanation":

"Hi,

Nothing personal I quite often choose to streamline my facebook "friends list" when the mood is upon me. I make no claims to rationality and am rather comfortable with this.

Take care."

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:23 PM

It means you don't want to see their Face Again.

Ads

Not quite enough info about your relationship with the person in question to say for sure....

So, if you are vague acquaintances who don't usually socialize (outside of seeing each other at functions) - the person is merely downsizing their lists & alerts to make it more manageable.

If you have a closer relationship & initiate real life contact...it could signal an underlying issue....

Also consider - if the person is getting more & more work/professional 'friends' & you are a social friend, they may be trying to prevent the need for future damage control by removing social contacts from their page....

If you are just e-friends & have never met, it says the person is moving on & no longer finds you amusing....

in every case its different some mite delete people because they dont like you some mite delete you because they think your annoying or some mite delete you because they are seeing stuff from you that they dont like like i said before its different for everybody

It means your friend is a c^nt. I wouldn't worry, lol.

Find a pic of someone giving the finger, send it too them, with the caption :I'm rather comfortable with that."