This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I hide my friends on Facebook from another friend?
11-09-2012, 12:15 PM
How can I hide my friends on Facebook from another friend?
I want to hide my friends (or at least some of them) from one of my friends on Facebook. He often adds them and says stupid or embarrassing stuff. I'd rather avoid such things.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:24 PM

Yes. There is a way to change the visibility settings of your friends list on Facebook. Here is what you do.

1. Click on your name to go to your profile.
2. Click on Edit Profile
3. Click on Friends and Family.
4. In the Family section, you will see the box to type in the name of the family member, the drop down menu box to select what relation that person is to you, and on the right, you will see a picture of a lock with an arrow right next to it. Click on that and you will see a drop down menu for security settings: Public, Friends, Only Me, and Custom.
5. In the Friends section, you will see how many friends you have and their profile pictures and that same picture of a lock and an arrow next to it with the same privacy settings.

I should point out that these instructions are for if you have the old profile format on Facebook.

Ads

crk is correct. I just did the exact same thing.

http://abrax.us/Facebook/PrivateFriendsTimeline.php

Since May 2010 Facebook offers again the possibility to stop showing your list of friends on your profile or timeline. This guide will show you how to do it:

http://romcartridge.blogspot.com/2010/05...ds-on.html

Good luck!