This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WHATS NEW IN FACEBOOK? CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS?
11-09-2012, 12:17 PM
WHATS NEW IN FACEBOOK? CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS?
click the link below:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110126/ap_o...-container

i really cant understand it. Can you please explain it clearly to me..10 points. Promise.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:26 PM

Basically, whatever pages you "like" on Facebook can become the source of an ad pitched to your friends, and it will say that you like such-and-such group's page, and you're recommending it to your friends, making it seem like you sent the suggestion to them. It will show up as an ad on the righthand side on your page, and perhaps even their profile pages.
And there's no way you can stop that from happening -- you can't go into your settings to keep Facebook from doing that. It's pretty scummy if you ask me.

Ads

11-09-2012, 12:26 PM

Pretty much it allows advertisers to use what you already do {example: clicking "like" for certain bands, products etc.} and they re-post it as a featured story on the right side of the homepage of your friends facebook. Therefore highlighting their products you like, and promoting it to your friends through ads on the side panel.

Glad I Could Help
Good Luck
Vote Me Best Answer
Smile
Enjoy