This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else find people who hug too much a bit irritating?
11-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Anyone else find people who hug too much a bit irritating?
I went into the school common room the other day at break time and everyone was hugging each other. I swear the last they saw each other was the day before but everyone was hugging there friends and it was really weird and superficial. I was talking my mate and in the corner of my eye I could see this tall guy hugging this smaller girl (her face was to the side of his chest) and they were hugging for about 2 minutes, if not more and they weren't even going out. There's one kid at school who hugs all his friends, legs, pushing his face to their chest in a creepy way. Of course, this is all dressed up as irony but puts all these photos of it all over facebook too.
Does anyone find that this devalues hugging and is kind of superficial? Do you or do you know a group of people who do this and do you find it weird or something else?
P.S. I am not the most 'touchy feely' person in the world as I am sure you can imagine. I am not against people showing affection but there was a huge overload of it and as a result it came across as a it weird to me.
P.P.S. It wasn't cold either and they usually do this.
I asked this because I wanted to see if I was the only person who felt the same way. I don't have a problem with people hugging but I find them all very superficial and almost devaluing what a hug is. I just find all of this slightly creepy.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:32 PM

Everything that is too much and exaggerated are not good. I like receiving hugs but not that too much. A hug is great but when you do it too often and in an irony way, it is now irritating.

Ads

11-09-2012, 12:32 PM

why did you find it so irritating that you had to ask here? Hugs can have many meanings, same with kisses. and that depends and varies on each individual. Some people loves to hug everyone, some are a conservative and others hug like weirdos or perverts. Just gotta accept that there are people that really loves hugging and touching. everyone has different views. It is kinda weird but nothing to worry about. as long as they keep their distance, they have nothing to do with me and i have nothing to be irritated about. i'd be more concerned if that kid actually came to hug you.