This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changing facebook profile privacy?
11-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Changing facebook profile privacy?
Since Facebook has changed its privacy settings, now people who try to add me can see more stuff on my page. Like, i want to hide everything except the send a message & add as a friend link. Right now, people who aren't my friend can see my friends, applications & etc. How do I change this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:33 PM

the new privacy settings are an issue of convern for every1. to change the provacy settings for the different parts of ur account go to the top right corner of facebook, hold the mouse over Settings/ click privacy settings right underneath and ur good to go

Ads

Yeah, so people just is your friend. It's always been like that and that's the way it will doubtless stay

The new rollout of the privacy settings didn't change any existing settings. however it gave you the option to change them. Either you changed them previously, changed them when you were prompted accidentally.

Go into Privacy settings and make sure all say "Friends Only" also, make sure your indexing is turned off.

You can't really hide your friends list etc from others now. You can turn the indexing off so your profile won't show up in google etc but any facebook user can see a lot more in your profile now than what they could before. It's distressing that random people can see my stuff now! These people could be my coworkers, my bosses, family and what not that don't need to see some things.

These new "privacy settings" in facebook are just BS. Facebook has just exposed the users to get better traffic and make more money. This is what happened to myspace earlier when they loaded the pages with ads and what not and users moved to other sites.

I'm already begun to wait for some other company to come up with an old facebook type of social networking site.

Same problem... Agreed, it's a total bs! Should we spam tickets to Facebook or sth?..