This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Ads Help?! What is the spent for?
11-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Facebook Ads Help?! What is the spent for?
Okay i so i set up a campaign on facebook ads and i'm new to it so i'm not really familiar with it's features. Anyways i had a $50 coupon for advertising my website and i left it overnight and when i woke up it says on the way right "Spent" and below it it says "$61". Is it going to charge my card directly or my coupon ? What does it mean? Is it going to charge the other 11 on my card? I paused the campaign for now. Thank You. Oh , and also what's the difference from putting like one cent bid and thirty seven cent bids? Thanks. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:33 PM

That test demonstrates the volume of ads available on Facebook, I suspect you may have not narrowed the demographic criteria as much as you could have, which would have reduced the number of impressions to those users more likely to be interested in your subject. Better matching your ads to your audience improves the click through rate, a high CTR will cause the price to drop significantly with a good volume.

You know they do have a daily spend limit? I usually set it to $10 while testing.

It's a common practice to start by bidding about 1/2 of their recommended range, bidding very low is likely to get you few impressions, and they might be placed on less desirable locations, like on game pages.

Yes I expect they will be billing you for $11, look at the $50 voucher as a PPC scholarship, typically one does not profit from their first few campaigns.

Hoping you see some return on your investment...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply