This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to rid of Facebook timeline? ?
11-09-2012, 12:28 PM
How to rid of Facebook timeline? ?
Last week I tried the Facebook timeline and now I can't get back my old profile layout. Is there any way you can change it back?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:36 PM

Of course you can't. Deal with it. This is absolutely no different than the thousands of people whining about the change before the current one. And the one before that. And the one before that.

It's a website. Get over it.

Ads

No. You're doomed for eternity. Unless they change the profiles again.

Eventually all Facebook profiles are going to be changed to timeline as far as i know and i don't think there would be a way to change it back.

I like timeline.It's way better looking than that dull,with no personality profile I have had before.

there is no way to get rid of it - everyone is being converted to the timeline - it's the new look for facebook

here's how to set it up

http://abrax.us/Facebook/TimelineChecklist.php

If you hate Facebook TImeline and want it gone from your profile, there is a genuine method to get the old profile pages back. Facebook have delibarately omitted to make Timeline work with Internet Explorer 7. If you view Timeline pages with Internet Explorer 7 (or set your existing browser to pretend its IE7), you will see the old style profile pages instead.

Theres a guide to setting up your browser to pretend its IE7 and thus disable Facebook Timeline here: http://fbpurity.com/disable-facebook-timeline.htm

There's no way to do that. Although for the moment Facebook did not make a clear statement in any of its official pages about how the upgrade would be deployed, and as a consequence there is a lot of false information going around, experienced users know that Facebook upgrades of this size have never been optional.

Besides, there are clear evidences that indicate that there will be no way to go back to the old Profile. Take a look at the article in the source to see what those evidences are.

you cant get rid of it but i am determined to keep the 'normal' one for as long as i can.

If you want to get rid of timeline check out this page http://www.facebook.com/endtimeline