This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook privacy question? Hiding my profile?
11-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Facebook privacy question? Hiding my profile?
I don't want my dad to find my facebook (haha). Is there a way to hide my profile so that if you would search my name, you couldn't find it? I know you can block people but thats not what I mean. So is there a way to make my profile invisible to people who aren't my friends or friends of friends or anything like that? I'll take any suggestions, thanks Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:43 PM

Both of your questions are handled through Facebook privacy settings. You can prevent people who search for you in Facebook and as well make your profile visible only to friends. Keep in mind you will be able to use status updates because they will be feed live to news feed where friends and depending on your settings, friends of friends can see.

Ads

You could change your Real name and/or Username by editing your Account Settings (upper right-hand corner of page), but this would also make it difficult for any and all people to find you on Facebook.

there's an option in the button "account settings" where you can hide your profile from specific person so you can click on that and type in your dad's name.

First of all answer to your question
yes you can all you need to do is make sure that your settings are right.
Go to Accounts->Privacy Settings->view Settings->Search for you on facebook.

However I would suggest you to add your dad in facebook as friend Smile and have the right privacy settings so that he cannot see the things you don't want him to.

In case you are interested in that please read my blog post on how to do that http://sougat818-technical.blogspot.com/...ivacy.html

Generally it's hard, cause your profile can be found even without logging in to Facebook. Check up Facebook Search site listed below. It allows to search all stuff on Facebook by keywords. If one knows some info about you, he'll find you.