This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Deviantart not working...?
11-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Deviantart not working...?
Okay so I'm on deviantart last night and while normally I don't ever have issues with the site, suddenly I'm unable to connect to the site. While I can connect to other sites like Youtube, Facebook, Serebii, Bulbagarden Forums, or Gamespot, deviantart just won't connect. I tried talking to some of the users that I was in the same chat as on Skype but they told me they weren't having any issues with the site and it was pretty much just me and another user in our group that was having this issue(to my knowledge its only the two of us having this issue). I tried resetting my router, but that didn't do anything for deviantart...I tried connecting through the desktop computer in the family room and EVEN my iPhone however I still get the same results. Deviantart STILL won't work but other sites will.

For some reason my computer keeps giving me the message:

The connection has timed out
The server at deviantart.com is taking too long to respond

Then it gives me these options

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This has been going on for probably 12 hours now and I'm seriously pissed off with deviantart right now. I've never had an issue as ridiculous as this before. Is anyone else having this issue or does anyone else know whats going on?
Update: After probably 20 fricken hours deviantart is working for me once again

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:45 PM

I have the same problem. Deviant art is doing maintenance right now, and should be done soon. Just be patient.

Ads

It happened to me too. It sucks because I use that website a lot. I'm just thankful I'm not the only one going through this.
I wish I knew what was going on, and why some people are going through this and others are not.
It's weird, because I can go onto ANY other website out there...BUT deviantART. I cleared my web browser cache/history or whatever it is, and that wasn't the problem.
Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

I'm having the same issue but for some reason I can still go on there using my phone. It's the only connection I have to DA so far but I understand what your saying. It's annoying cause right now with not being able to fully connect it stops people from reading things and posting art. But hopefully it'll stop soon.

same thing happening here im hoping is just maintenance. best we can do is wait.