This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i think i have a virus on my computer because i downloaded a website for facebook themes and ad wont go away?
11-09-2012, 12:37 PM
i think i have a virus on my computer because i downloaded a website for facebook themes and ad wont go away?
i think i have a virus on my computer because i downloaded a website called pagerage a website for facebook themes and i cant get it to go away. i dont know if the program is still on my computer or not. i run scans all the time and it still gos slow. it is a brand new computer. please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:45 PM

It's not a virus, you downloaded a file which gave you adware, or "pop ups". Now whenever you go online the person who owns this adware will be able to pop up on your computer with ads for affiliate products, its one of many ways for affiliate marketers to make money online.

I have a mac so not sure what kind of program you'll need to get ride of it. Don't think a scan will be good enough, probably need somebody to clean your computer of all the adware files or something.

Ads

Well if you have an Anti-Virus program, and its still not working, follow these instructions.
Go to your Start Menu, (that button in the bottom left of your screen) search for "cmd",right click it, and delete it. Restart your computer, run your Anti-Virus software, and if the virus is still there, follow these instructions.
Go to your Start Menu, go to Programs, Programs and Features, click on PageRage, and uninstall it.
NOTE: DO NOT DO THE SECOND STEP IF YOU DID NOT DO THE FIRST STEP.

Malware. Scan your system with MalwareBytes & Reginout. It will help you.