This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get rid of "changed profile picture" posts on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 12:38 PM
How do I get rid of "changed profile picture" posts on Facebook?
When I change my profile picture, I delete the post on my timeline but it still shows up on the newsfeed. My boyfriend can see it on his. How do I delete that? I cannot see it on my newsfeed. Only friends of mine.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:46 PM

Theres no way you can change that behaviour unfortunately, as its controlled on facebook's servers, and they want to keep as much information about you, and push as many updates out about you to the newsfeeds of others, because it means constant user engagment, which means they can show more ads.

You can however filter out other users change profile picture stories from showing up in your own newsfeed, if you use the FB Purity browser extension, it lets you filter out various types of machine generated updates like that, such as "became friends with", "changed relationship", "going to an event" etc it also filters out adverts and sponsored stories and lots more, you can get it here:

http://fbpurity.com

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply