This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scared to post my Facebook profile picture? Need some advice. :)?
11-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Scared to post my Facebook profile picture? Need some advice. :)?
I'm a sixteen year old boy and this is pathetic but I'm scared of putting my picture on Facebook. I grew up with people telling me that I'm not special all the time and this shattered my self confidence. I'm an insecure wreck. I just get so nervous thinking about what people will think about my pictures. Anyone been in this situation and how can I stop this madness?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:48 PM

Put a photo of a car up in stead

Ads

I can honestly completely relate. i have severe issues with worrying of what people think of me. Regarding posting profile pictures, I spend ages picking one that looks okay and then it takes me ages to get around to uploading, whilst it uploads i watch the percentage of it and as soon as it gets to 100% i refresh the page and remove the picture from coming on my wall as like a new feature, that way, it doesn't come up on people's news feeds. At least I hope not anyway. But seriously, people don't judge you to the extent you think. Think of the number of people on your fb, do you watch all of them and keep track of their profile picture updates? no? why should they do it to you?

DO NOT put a photo of a car up, please please don't. I have a crap self confidence and have my profile picture as a blank white screen. Just put up a photo and don't worry about it, no-one is going to care that much, which is sad but true, so don't worry, do what you want, not what others want you to do!

You are not pathetic. Facebook is pathetic. The people who you grew up with are pathetic too.

P.s people are more bothered about their pictures and what people think of them rather than what they think of others. Trust me, just think about it. It's simple Psychology ^^ Just post them, who gives a fxck? Smile

Love yourself..Live yourself

Just forget what your friends think about if you want to put your picture go and upload it just now..don't care what people would think..Go my friend upload your pictures and please for god sake START LOVING YOURSELFSmile

You do not have to put your picture. You could put the picture of a film star, a pet, a. Far away shot., no picture at all. You could learn to get used to the water in a small pond first. Facebook is rather public.
Or you could "go for it" and see what happens. Probably no bad thing will happen.

You are who you are, and if people judge you because of it, then they're not worth your time!
Also, don't put a car as your PP as it's really annoying, don't ask why, it just is, aha Tongue