This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does he hate me or not?
11-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Does he hate me or not?
Basically to cut a long story short, I met a guy on a dating site. He made the first contact. We texted for over a year and a half. Silly I know, to wait for so long to meet, he would ask me regularly, though I was too shy, so kept putting it off, luckily I was busy whenever he asked so it was kinda an excuse. Then we met up for the first time 2 weeks ago.

I personally thought it went very well. He was meant to take the 8pm train as he said he always worries about taking the last one. However we were talking lots so he missed the 8pm train. He set his alarm on his phone for 9pm to catch the 9.20pm train. His phone went off at 9pm and he asked me why did I set my alarm, I said "your train lol" he said oh yeah! Which really he should have known, so I am not sure if he did it to stay longer. We got there & we missed it! By 5 minutes. So he ended up taking the last train. So he said we can go for another drink, unless you need to be doing something? Which we did. If he missed it by accident but didnt actually like me or want to see me again he would have encouraged me to go home right? When it was time to let him catch his train he gave me a hug goodbye (he initated it) and I said see you soon & he said yes see you soon and smiled. I texted him the next day and haven't received a reply yet.

Now the thing is, he isn't attached to his phone like most, who have it in their pocket all the time or their hand - he frequently breaks, loses it or leaves it somewhere and doesn't collect it until he is next there - even if it means waiting a month for eg. His friends make fun of him for it too!

Also - I was worried to text him once so said sorry to bother you and he said how it is never a bother when I text him! Which must mean he enjoyed receiving my text messages. That must be a good sign, especially considering the fact he didn't know me.

So basically if he didn't like me - he would have made darn sure he didn't miss his train right? He wouldn't have given me a hug or said see you soon!

A year and a half is a long time to wait to meet someone and to continue speaking to them right? When I suggested meeting up, he said how he 'definitely likes that idea'. He said how he "really wants to meet me" how he's "looking forward to it" and how he "missed talking to me" when he went on holiday...that was before we met!

Personally my theory is, if he didn't like me in person. He would have thought right, I need to get out of this and politely or rudely made an excuse to leave early. He wouldn't have hugged me or said see you soon to me, even if I said see you soon first. He would have deleted me off of Facebook. He would have thought, I wasted enough time on this girl, so I'll delete her. He would have replied to my text and told me to stop texting him. He is a nice guy, lots of people have said that, he's very popular, so I do not think he would be cruel and ignore me.

So what do you guys think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:53 PM

To answer your question, I think obviously thinks your worth his time otherwise he would have caught the soonest train home and wouldn't have got into the conversation so much that he forgot to catch his train and he certainly wouldn't be texting you for a year and a half.

As for you, stop worrying! Don't read into things too much! If you are REALLY interested and he is shy, maybe you can show him the ropes? (suggest to meet up etc).

Every relationship is different and everybody handles things differently, so you will truly have to find your own comfortability with him and how to respond to situations. You're not in a relationship, so don't hesitate to meet other guys as well. Just make sure to relax and enjoy life!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply