This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook ads vs/& Google adwords, as a handyman, selling a service LOCALY (not a product) which is better?
11-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Facebook ads vs/& Google adwords, as a handyman, selling a service LOCALY (not a product) which is better?
Your opinion on which would be better for selling a local service, and not an actual product. Whats your thoughts?

My results:
Google for every 1000 Ads appeared, I recieve maybe 5 or 6 clicks. How many calls should I typically get pout of 10 clicks?

FB: or every 1000 Ads appeared, I recieve maybe 10clicks. How many calls should I typically get pout of 10 clicks?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:55 PM

You haven't described the whole sales process, are you putting phone numbers in the ads or on the web site a click leads to?

I can say it's remarkable to see a higher click rate on Facebook, one usually expects nearly 5 times higher rates on Adwords search ads since you are providing an answer to a specific (keyword) query, where in Facebook you have to interrupt most commonly socializing at the moment.

Profiting from paid ads is far from a sure thing, when selling items, a starting point rule of thumb estimate of conversion of sales page visitors to sales is 1%. Having some tracking on the landing page ideally Google Analytics, at least Statcounter can helps you monitor ad performance.

Better than 3 clicks in 1000 on Facebook is considered a good CTR, a very high CTR lowers the ad cost on Facebook, having an ad go to a Facebook page for the business would also lower costs compared to going off site.

For lowest Adwords ad cost you should have a landing page that earns a high "quality score", with terms & privacy links as well as content that matches the ad copy and keywords.

If you have the necessary business address, a well developed free Google Places page can get easy ranking in search results for your community. try a Google search for:
handyman, your city, the A-G stick pin symbols are Places Page listings, there are strategies for raising the position of a Places Page to get it onto the prized first page. Yahoo also has a local page offering, getting as many online references as possible improves a Places Page position.

Crsigslist is usually where a business would start their advertising. Good Luck.

Ads

if you do not have a company facebook page you should put one on facebook and try to have your friends to like the page. People who see your are liked by their friend may call you. Only because craigslist is free you should put an ad on there and if you only want to business by phone hide the email address. Both google and facebook you should limit the area where you Ads appear to be local that you want to service. If you are not in google places you should be it is the yellowpages for the 21st centry. Promote you website and design a good landing page to match the Ads. Create a coupon will help you track results when the results over time does not exceed the expense is when you should stop the Ads

You can advertise :

http://www.brilldeal.com

No registration required and it's absolutely free.