This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Asking a reaaallyy shy guy to formal (prom)?!? HELP!?
11-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Asking a reaaallyy shy guy to formal (prom)?!? HELP!?
Here's a list of all the positive and negative points:

1. He has been in one of my class for 2 years but basically never talks to me
2. His friends now sit with the guys in my group of friends, and he has talked to me when they are there, but not when he's by himself
3. He's reeeeaaallly shy :l He always stands away from everyone else, so I'm worried if we went together it would just be awkward
4. He and his friend are joining my group in out car ride to the formal (:
5. His other friends have dates, but he doesn't, so I though maybe he would like to have one
6. I want to ask him but I'm extremely scared of rejection, and I thought because he's so shy he might not want the pressure of having a date and hence, will say no
7. I don't know how to ask him! It would be over facebook though cause he's so shy in person
8. If he says no I'm worried it's going to be uber awkward at school...

WHAT SHOULD I DO!? ):

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:56 PM

just be honest say look your a really nice guy and i was just wondering do you want to come with me to the formal if he says no say it could just be a friendly outing what do you say

Ads

11-09-2012, 12:56 PM

1. Yeah. He might like you; does he sit on the far side of a class which your in sometimes? if so, see if he chats with other people -then-.
2. It's eaiser to talk like this. This is a factor that he might like you.
3. If he likes you it wouldn't be awkward. If he doesn't then you won't go ========= No awkwardness. Besides, it's way more awkward being alone.
4. That's cool. Is anyone else in the car without a 'prom date'? If that's a no, it's like you set up to be together! he might even have set it up(?)
5. Yeah. See next point.
6. The only way to not be rejected is not to ask; but that'll get you no where. It's better being somewhere then no where. point2:I doubt it! Every straight man wants to go to the prom with a girl, not alone :-)
7. Do it by person - Facebook can mean friends reading before he does - sometimes even deleting! Not to mention sometimes 'private chats' get hacked into & leaked.
8. Of course it'd be awkward - but he's shy anyway and in person no one would know so it would only be between you two (which wont show because he's shy). It'd fade over time.

I've put some real detail in which I wouldn't usually. plz consider 'best answer!'