This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Ipod 2g requires IOS 4.3 for twitter / instagram?
11-09-2012, 12:48 PM
My Ipod 2g requires IOS 4.3 for twitter / instagram?
I have 4.2.1, no update is or will be available. My real question is this: is apple forcing me to buy a new device? I can understand games and heavy apps needing a newer OS, but apps like facebook, twitter, instagram, and ibooks are such a neccessitty in this social age, couldn't they give me an older version of the app? C'mon apple.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:56 PM

All apps need to be updated, twitter and Facebook need to be as well.
Some new versions of apps, twitter,etc need a new operating system. once you can afford it buy a new ipod.

Ads

I agree with what you're saying (i myself have a 2g iPod). Apps like Facebook should be available on all versions but Apple isn't the one doing that. It is the developer of the app, in this case Facebook, that decide the availability of the app. I'm guessing they do that because their newer updates (for the app) are too much for the older iPod to handle and they just cant be bothered making a second app compatible with only older versions of Apple devices.

Hope that helps! Big Grin

You can connect your iPod 2g to the computer and that's another way to update software if it doesn't work on the actual iPod
That happened to my iPod 4g recently and I have tried it, it works. I GUARANTEE YOU.