This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My video and audio are not working on my hp laptop?
11-09-2012, 12:53 PM
My video and audio are not working on my hp laptop?
Okay so i have a HP pavilion dv6 laptop with windows 7 and everything was working fine before, i.e. itunes was playing properly and youtube and other video players worked fine. But now every time i try to play a song on itunes it says its playing but the timer at the top of the screen doesnt progress and there is no sound. Also any videos on youtube or the div x player do the same thing. They say they are playing yet the video or audio doesnt progress and the timer stays the same.
What is really wierd is that i can click the 'timer' to progress forward in the song or video and the 'time bar' will follow up to that point but will not play and when i go to device properties it says the audio driver is working fine but i still tried rolling back and updating the audio driver, yet the problem is still there.
This happened after i downloaded a song off of facebook that my friend recorded himself and sent me. The song worked fine for 3/4 the way then a wierd buzzing noise came from my speakers for a few seconds, now this problem. I have deleted the song and scanned my computer and there are no viruses so i dont think thats the problem. PLEASE HELP I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS OR HOW TO FIX IT. Thank you very much for your answers Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:01 PM

Windows 7 has very powerful built-in fixing utilities.Click START and type TROUBLESHOOTING and open it.Click HARDWARE AND SOUND and follow the screen to choose a specific problem that you're having.Try several different options if one doesn't work.

Ads

Than you need to re-install all the drivers of your computer and download some software such as VLC player as well as winamp....but first of all you need to re-install the driver of your computer.........

either reinstall drives or try system restore! but becareful when reinstalling drives! can be an ass.

first of all check your sound drivers and then install internet download manager

it seems your system drivers have gone mad, why don't you give a try to updating all the missing and corrupted drivers through driver scanner 2013 for an easy fix: http://www.driverscanner2013.net/

I have been having the same problem, and it started just a few days ago on my HP Pavilion dv6 quad edition laptop. Windows Media Player, QuickTime, and iTunes all failed.

After many failed solutions, installing an updated IDT driver worked for me.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/produ...g=en&cc=us