This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why hasn't my friend told me his girlfriend is pregnant?
11-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Why hasn't my friend told me his girlfriend is pregnant?
I'm a bit tired so I'm sorry if my thoughts are everywhere. So I found out that one of my closest friend has knocked up his girlfriend of almost 2 years. I found out from her friends, and she herself is talking openly about it on Facebook. However, my buddy has not mentioned it to me or another close mutual friend that we share. He knows its his child, and they are still together. They have known for about a month now, and she is keeping it. He knows I wouldn't think less of him for it.

The only thing I can think why is we haven't seen each other in 3 weeks (I've been out of town with work), but I've been back in town for a week now. We text about every other day, and he only lives 5 minutes away from me. I'm not upset that he hasn't told me, but just curious. I'm not looking to press the issue or anything, I'm just curious why he (or she) have not mentioned anything to me directly, but yet her girlfriends talk about it openly.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:02 PM

Some guys just don't talk about that stuff thinking you'll know from other sources (like you do).

My husband had a friend in college who got his girlfriend pregnant and never mentioned it. All of the sudden his girlfriend disappeared (moved back home) and then a few months later he has has a kid. The same thing happened when she got pregnant again - he didn't mention it until he said he couldn't hang out one weekend because he had to go home for the birth of his daughter. Good to know, right?

Some people are just weird and don't talk about stuff.

Ads

11-09-2012, 01:02 PM

A lot of people don't announce pregnancies until after 12 weeks anyway - when the risk of miscarriage is less.