This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get rid of Timeline on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
How to get rid of Timeline on Facebook?
I got Timeline on my Facebook profile just to see what it was, but I can't change it back. How do I change it back? I already tried looking it up and everyone says to delete the app but the problem is that I don't have any apps when I go there. So does anyone know how to change back to the old profile and has tried it to make sure it works?
asdfghjkl.
So if you make a new Facebook, will you have the old profile or Timeline?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:06 PM

HAHA, I can't believe how many people ask this on here. I always say the same thing...You can't unfortunately.

Once activated, it cannot be removed or changed back to the old style.

Ads

sadly once u activate it u can never deactivate it Sad

Unfortunately there is no going back. I wonder if facebook are aware of how polarising the timeline is.

there is no way to get rid of it - everyone is being converted to the timeline - it's the new look for facebook

here's how to set it up

http://abrax.us/Facebook/TimelineChecklist.php

if you make a new profile, and it's not in timeline format, it will eventually be converted to the timeline too, so that would be a wasted effort

Yes, you can actually disable the timeline feature..
Read: http://www.techedition.in/social-media/f...-timeline/

There's no way to do that. Although for the moment Facebook did not make a clear statement in any of its official pages about how the upgrade would be deployed, and as a consequence there is a lot of false information going around, experienced users know that Facebook upgrades of this size have never been optional.

Besides, there are clear evidences that indicate that there will be no way to go back to the old Profile. Take a look at the article in the source to see what those evidences are.