This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
facebook privacy settings?
11-09-2012, 12:58 PM
facebook privacy settings?
i've been searching for the answer for about a day now and i decided to post, hoping you can help:
I wanted to make myself unsearchable on facebook...do i use

Who can look up your timeline by name? OR
Who can send you friend requests?

and the real question is, if nobody can lookup my timeline, then how would they send me friend requests? im confused, and impretty sure facebook is doing this on purpose... it's just not clear what these things do!
thank you.... and when they `look up my timeline` do they see my nasme and photo only? or the whole thing .. my `wall` ???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:07 PM

If you want to be completely unsearchable, it would be best to refuse all friend requests and also choose "No one" for who can look up your timeline by name. If you want to leave the Friend Request option open, you can do that, but you probably won't get any anyway since no one will be able to find you. Now after this no one can find you by name, great. Do no put in a phone number because you can be searched by that also. You can also be search for by e-mail so you have to change that setting as well. Once these things are done, you should be unsearchable.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply