This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is YouTube suddenly going downhill?
11-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Why is YouTube suddenly going downhill?
For example:

When I try to listen to music or whatever, as that is the only thing I really use YouTube for, something will pop up on top of my video. It looks like a little white search bar that often has a button that says "SkipAD". Often that button doesn't pop up and the ad plays over my video. Even when I do click the button I can sometimes hear the ad. This is getting very annoying because I can't pause the ad and sometimes my video won't pause. Also, my videos will sometimes pause as if to buffer, even when the loading bar is really far down the line. Nothing happens when I pause/play or try to drag the video bar back to the beginning. I've also been noticing that there are suddenly banner ads all over Facebook, YouTube, IMDB, Yahoo, Tumblr, Netflix, etc. They all say that they are "not by this site". Often they play videos that won't pause and since I listen to music a lot, this can be extremely irritating. If anyone knows why these problems are happening and if there's a way to fix it then please, by all means, tell me!
Yeah I don't have Firefox =/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:08 PM

Never had that before. Are you sure it is Youtube triggering the add? It may be a glitch with Youtube I suppose, Youtube can be mega glitchy.

Ads

Download Adblock Plus, perfect solution for your problem Smile

They're is no way to fix this, they make it this way so that they can make money
Although a workaround would be to download Firefox then download the Firefox ad blocker plug in. It works extremely well with YouTube and Facebook, those ads will be a thing of the past.

YouTube is about to change, and for that matter, is changing as i type this.. Back in late February of this year, Google, who owns YouTube, announced that they were going to start using YouTube as a Video Repository for Google TV, a new service they are bringing out. In that same press conference, they also said that if your videos are not of Full Broadcast Quality and can be shown as a full 1/2 hour or hour show, there will be point in the near future where that will be the only type of videos on YouTube, If you don't make those type of video, you soon will not be welcome on YouTube, and all accounts that cannot meet that criteria will be deleted. There are going to be very many people within the next year or so, very disappointed with the fact all of their videos have simply disappeared, even though they had plenty of warning this was going to happen. People think this is fallacy, they are the ones that missed the press conference, I saw it live, and so it is fact. Google is Evil and always be. They ask for unnecessary information when open a channel. They think they are GOD, but are far from it.

Those "not by this site" ads are being inserted by a type of malware called Adware, you should go through your browser extensions and toolbars and remove the ones you dont trust, if that doesnt fix it, run an antimalware scanner such as Malwarebytes Antimalware or Superantispyware, and that should get rid of it.

Once youve got rid of the adware,a great way to remove facebook's own annoying and intrusive ads is to install the highly rated and free FB Purity browser extension, it lets you filter out the junk you dont want to see on Facebook:

Source(s): http://fbpurity.com