This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do we get so much attention?
11-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Why do we get so much attention?
For 14 years I've never had a boyfriend or anyone who liked me in that way before. Since last week, a boy I met in an after school club, named Javon asked for my number. We got along quite fine while texting, then he suddenly asked If I would be his girlfriend. My heart practically stopped beating. I told him immediately that I want a good friendship first, but unfortunately he was very serious and persistent. "What made you first interested in me?" I asked. He replied "Well you seemed interesting, and you liked the same stuff as me....to be honest, I thought you were beautiful & really cute"

Before I accepted, I asked him to show how much he liked me. In the 30 minutes of homeroom, he came & kissed me. It was my first kiss as well. When the other girls found out that I had a boyfriend, they were shocked. In class they were whispering "If Jane can get a boyfriend, then God must hate me", stuff like that, etc. I don't understand how they can say this, Someone actually liked me for me, is there anything wrong with that? My friend Zuri said that I should just ignore it, that they're just jealous. I told Javon what happened and he said "They're just insulting themselves."

Every day Javon calls me beautiful and kisses me.(he said "I'll kiss you every time I see you") He's called "weird", just because he's mature. I've met his "friends" and they're just terrible to him. They insult him and demean him. They kept asking me "Are you blind?" "How many fingers am I holding up?". It was completely degrading. I told that those fools don't deserve him as his friends. He just stared for a while & smiled at me for a long time. I really love seeing his smile. He then said "It's okay, remember what I said?"

Last Friday, when I was at lunch, this one guy kept saying "You guys are the ugliest couple! I even posted that on Facebook". That really hurt me, because Javon's my first boyfriend & I think I'm really falling for him. I told him what happened and he said "Ignore the Ignorance, I'm really sorry this is happening". I mean, I'm not bragging, I'm proud to say that Javon's my boyfriend, and I have a right to be happy. What I don't get is, why am I getting attention? There are so many couples in my class and they don't get any beef about it. What about Javon & I make us different from other couples?

I really appreciate it if you read the whole thing. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:13 PM

Ignore them. He sounds like a sweet guy, you're lucky to have him. Being happy with him is all that matters.

Ads

pics of u 2 would help

1st possibility: u both are good looking and ur just being fed attention and its all jokes

2nd possibility: ur both ugly and people trying to be funny by demoralizing uglier people... happens all the time in highschool, but the best fix is if u can laugh with them and understand the situation

Those idiots at your school are probably just jealous. Don't worry about them, and sooner or later they'll get bored of picking on you. Smile Good luck! Ps, Gorillaz is amazing

Hi Smile
I read it all.
Seems like a fine guy,so just ignore the rest of your friends.

What other people say isn't important! As long as you're happy that's all that matters, others may judge people on looks but you look for their personality which makes you a much nicer person than them Smile as for his friends, they're probably all just jealous that he has a girlfriend! Don't take it to heart, be happy and true to yourself. Hope this helps Smile