This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get more people to view/follow my blog?
11-09-2012, 01:05 PM
How do I get more people to view/follow my blog?
I'm really more of an answer than an ask person, but I really need help on this. I just started a blog with a love/relationship focus. I'd like followers/ more visitors, but I'm not sure how to get them. I tried getting my blog on StumbleUpon, but that didn't work out. I'm not comfortable promoting it among my friends yet so Twitter and FB are out :/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:14 PM

I use tumblr and I LOVE it. You can make it as anonymous as you wish. You can post interesting posts and to gain more followers you can start by following other blogs that are similar to yours or that you like. Most of them will follow you back and thus creating a chain of followers. Othertimes you can request that another blog check your tumblr out, or you can ask a popular tumblr to promote you. Smile

Ads

11-09-2012, 01:14 PM

if it's relevant to you then use good technique for making it 'searchable'. FOR CONTENT ON THE INTERNET, the lesson from blogging and search engines is relevent here :: "tags"

After choosing a unique BLOG name that is memorable and witty, make it a searchable username, you want to include tagging on your blog posts that state everything about the content, style, etc.

FOR EXAMPLE, if you are blogging about webcam videos and chatting about comedy then the 'tags' you label should include these keywords:

comedy, blog, youtube, video, funny, satire, ...

then more tags about the comedy's subject: so you chat about 'drunk dumb uncles'

tags = uncles, drunks, winos, etc

get the drift?

IF you spoke about 'gay marriage' you want to be searched under tags: equality, gay, marriage, constitution etc.

Really stretch out the nouns that apply to your subject matter. These tags are what gets you listed in search engines like google and bing.