This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it illegal to make a fake Facebook profile?
11-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Is it illegal to make a fake Facebook profile?
If I wanted to create another Facebook profile with using a fake phone number or an old landline or old cell phone number to access it, is this fraud and considered illegal to do? Will the police or FBI come after me if I make another facebook profile with false information to access it? I wanted to create another Facebook page and use that to see profiles from people who blocked me on the current profile I already have.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:16 PM

No. Nobody cares. Some lady created 15 fake facebook profiles just to sell her art, but she didn't get in trouble. I have 1 other FB account with a fake business.

Ads

Haha you are thinking too much :] nothing is gonna happen as you think.I have about 5 fb a/c.

Fraud. I doubt the FBI will be like, FAKE FACEBOOK PROFILE?!!??!1 GETEM!!!!! And hunt you down like you killed the president or something. If you did it you probably wouldn't get a trouble. Worst case scenario is that you would have to close the account.

As long as it doesn't mislead people or intend to harm people. No one cares. Also, if you create a profile, but using like a real picture of a girl, but its not really you but she finds it on the internet. They can sue you & possibly send you to jail.

I know a few people who have a second profile for their pet, usually a dog or cat. So I don't think it's illegal.

It probably is illegal because it's probably written in the terms and conditions you have to accept. Technically. But no, the police and the FBI are not going to care. They've got bigger problems to deal with than something as petty as that. Go ahead and make it, you won't get arrested.

If your doing it to do illegal things then it's illegal. If your doing it for fun then it's not. Keep in mind your IP address will not change.