This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my facebook account hacked? I get emails from random groups?
11-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Is my facebook account hacked? I get emails from random groups?
Recently I am getting emails from random groups (mostly about stocks) in facebook.
When I go to facebook, I can see that I joined such group because I have an option
"leave group"

Problem is, I don't remember myself joining those groups at all.
Is my facebook account hacked? Or is it one of my friends who can randomly add me
in their group without permission?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:16 PM

I had the same not too long ago, they started making werid status's aswell, about there company, the started saying like I'm so stupid LOL it was werid and was worried about people Reading my messeges
all I did was go into account settings and changed my email address for facebook, I went to yahoo coz its differnt to hotmail, and maby the people would find it. When you done that you have to confirm and you're good to go, you dont really need your hotmail account for facebook so you might aswell change it
hope it works out
x

Ads

You're not hacked. Just chill.

When you get a mail or message on fb account, it means the admin of the page has sent. It's nothing to do with hacking stuff.

You can click on the user(message on facebook), and it follows to the page. Usually the name of the page displays in message. Go to the page and leave the group.

All the best

you can block emails on your privacy settings page