This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Privacy Settings?
11-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Facebook Privacy Settings?
When facebook first started I had created a group called "Limited Profile" so that I could still add people to Facebook but put them in this group to restrict access for posting on my wall for instance.

I only had a few people in there and ignored it mostly. After the recent privacy changes I can now longer find the area where I can administer the group (change settings, remove people etc). Does anyone know where I can edit this from? I know the group still exsists because there a little padlock shows up when I post saying people in that group are blocked from seeing the post.

NB Please don't just direct me to Settings>Privacy Settings, I need a specific location as I have looked everywhere! Thanks in advance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:21 PM

To remove people from your group, you need to go to your Friends Page. At the top of the screen put your mouse over "Friends," then from the drop-down-ish menu select "All Friends."

In the left-hand column is where you should find the name of all the groups (lists) of friends you created. Click "Limited Profile." Now all the people in your Limited Profile friend list will be filtered. To remove someone from the list, look for their name. To the far right of their name is a triangle with (maybe) "1 list" next to it. Click that and you'll get a drop-down menu of all the lists you have created. Just choose "Limited Profile" to remove them (deselect) them from this list.

To delete this list, look above the first person in your list. You'll see three buttons. Click "Delete List" if that's what you want to do. Alternatively, you can also add people to this list by clicking "Edit List."

Hope this helps!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply