This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ok... So I've realised that I have some 'feelings' for a woman... But now I have a new problem...?
11-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Ok... So I've realised that I have some 'feelings' for a woman... But now I have a new problem...?
Basically... She has every quality that I usually like in a woman... And as much as I didn't want to admit it, I seriously like her A LOT... No joke. I've spent the past three weeks trying to force myself not to like her but... To no avail... I've just ended up liking her more... Eheheheh... Anyway, my new problem is this...

I'm not so sure how she is feeling about me, and I am in no way afraid to tell her (Ok... My heart is beating hardcore right now but, that's good right?), but... BIG but... We only spent time at a party together and briefly talked to each other (very briefly over Facebook), and I have no way to contact her without coming off weird (Don't get me wrong, I love my weirdness... Its what makes me... MEEEEE! HHa ha.. Sorry). She's a friend of my cousin and I don't want to just freak her out y'know? Only met briefly and all, and I'm telling her that I like her, strange ladies... Right? So... How can I get in there, so that I can get a chance to just sit down and talk? I mean... She is the first woman I've liked in a year soooo... She's special... I mean, she's the first woman that has made me want to take a chance and date again... So how do I this? Without coming off totally crazy?

Oh, for reference sake, here is a question I asked a couple days ago:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...032AAmDtiX

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:22 PM

The problem here is that this girl, to you, is still little more than just an idea of a girl. You know about some of her "qualities," and you know what she looks like, but it sounds like you've exchanged all of five sentences in your entire life.

So, yeah, if you ask her out completely out of the blue, it might come off as a little weird. Like "Heyy I've been admiring you ever since I met you a month ago"... eh... no.

Is she a regular Facebook user? It might not be a bad idea to make it a point to comment on her updates so hopefully you can get a little rapport going on before you take the next step.

What does she do for fun? Maybe you can arrange to be in the same place as her and see if you can't start a conversation that lasts at least a little longer, and then ask her out on a date at the conclusion of that conversation.

Ads

Your cousin is the key here. Try to create situations in which you can meet her "casually"...are you close with your cousin? Ask him (her?) to help you hang out together. First, be in a group, then gradually your cousin can give you alone time. Hmm....do you ever see her anywhere? You could ask things like what time is it? Have you seen my ____? Do you know where (cousin's name) is? Lovely weather were having isn't it? Anything.

Good luck. You're cute though, so you won't need it.

Your problem is trying to force yourself to not go by how you feel. How you feel is where your truth is. To deny the truth is confusing you, and you are only battling yourself, and no one else. The key is to find peace in life, and if you can't start this off with yourself, then you won't have that with her or anyone else. So, this big thing with you is to face the truth about your feelings and be comfortable with that. Once that is accomplished then the rest should be easy to find the same way. She already gave you a way in, she just said that it won't be easy. I would wonder what she means exactly by her thinking on "owning" someone. Clear that up. For some reason she seems to have had some experience with a person that feels as though they owned her just because she went out with them, and that didn't set well with her, understandably. There are people like that, and I think she is making sure that you know she won't put up with that if she isn't ready to have a relationship of significance with you or anyone else at time for whatever reason she has.