This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Facebook Timeline going to be mandatory?
11-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Is Facebook Timeline going to be mandatory?
Is facebook going to make everyone change to their new interface, because I don't really want a scrapbook of my life on the internet. I am a firm believer in "If it's not broken don't fix it, and honestly the last few mandatory changes have just annoyed me more than anything! (but) Facebook Timeline is a no go for me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:27 PM

Yup, on the eighth.

Ads

yes.. do you have a twitter if you do can you sign this twitition to bring my favorite band to LA?Smile http://twitition.com/9ea9i/ its for a challenge and the city that wins gets points and the city that gets 500 points wins and gets a special event!Smile

I hope not

i'm getting rid of my account and going back to myspace. timeline is too much trouble.

yes, everyone will have to use it soon, but it still has all the same privacy options as the last type of profile, you arent forced to display all that information (which is already visible in the old profiles too, just harder to find)

yea, unfortunantly

Although for the moment Facebook did not make a clear statement in any of its official pages about how the upgrade would be deployed, and as a consequence there is a lot of false information going around, experienced users know that Facebook upgrades of this size have never been optional.

Besides, there are clear evidences that indicate that there will be no way to go back to the old Profile. Take a look at the article in the source to see what those evidences are.

Yes! It is a change for the better. As for not wanting a scrapbook of my life on the internet, It's only what you have posted on Facebook. So your the one that put it out there in the first place.

People are afraid of change, so they don't want Facebook to to switch over to the timeline. All web sites make changes every now and then. Just recently YouTube implemented their change.

Change is good for us, you all bitch and complain about it, then you get used to it.

from what i hear they might do it but they have not come out with any official statements yet