This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook ads, how long will it run for?
11-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Facebook ads, how long will it run for?
I just started a Facebook ad for an affiliate website I started. I am starting off very small as I have a very limited budget. I started with cpc $0.01 a click and $1.00 budget. I realize this is not very high but I'm noticing the numbers of ppl the add displays is going up. Even though nobody has clicked on my ad yet does this still mean I'm setting ppl to see the ad? About 750 views so far but no clicks. It's been 24 hrs. Will this add keep going until the budget is used up? Or is there a time limit. So can I keep that ad running while I make more high budget ads at the same time and just let the first one run it's course?
Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:30 PM

A good ctr for Facebook ads would be .15% or higher or 1 click per 666 impressions, some acceptable ads might require more than twice the number of impressions per click.

Typically they give you a couple of thousands impressions at the start to measure your click through rate, if it is low and the bid is low they will start slowing down the impressions.

That's an insanely low bid, only successful campaigns with high conversion rates are usually able to get click prices under 10 cents.

Usually one should bid CPC at least 1/2 of the recommended bid price.

Low bids will get impressions on more undesirable locations, like inside of game pages.

Hopefully you have defined a target demographic age range and perhaps profile interests.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply