This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone explain the new Facebook Timeline to me?
11-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Can someone explain the new Facebook Timeline to me?
I dont understand why the things you post are on 2 sides of your timeline. Can someone just explain the whole thing? Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:33 PM

facebook is a means of control. i not recommend that for anyone

Ads

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook_features

The line going down the middle of the two is the line of time, get it? the further down the line you go the more back in time you see.
and the dots on that line are linked to the boxes of posts/information on each side,
the side that it's on doesn't matter at all, it's in a time-line format

I can explain it clearly Smile

Now in normal facebook you will have what you post and what your friend posts on your wall and if you want to see older post you will have to scroll down and if that post of your friend or post of yours was one month old think how far you will have to scroll down and earch for it . . . where as in the new Facebook timeling in the top right cornor there will be ioptions saying today . . . 2011 . . .2010 . . . 2009 . . . if you want to see posts made by you on the christmas of 2009 just click 2009 then it will change to months view click december and you could easily access the posts while . . in the normal Facebook you will have to scroll way down to 3 years back O_O

now you could know whats the use of timeline na? =)

read this

http://abrax.us/Facebook/TimelineChecklist.php

A Timeline is the new virtual space in which all the content of every Facebook user will be organized and shown.

Replacing the Facebook Profile, in a Timeline the photos, videos, and posts of any given user will be categorized according to the period of time in which they were uploaded or created, in this way providing a more intuitive and comprehensible way to navigate through them.