This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do apps on Facebook make money?
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
How do apps on Facebook make money?
I have been using Facebook for a few weeks and i still dont get it. My question though has to do with the applications being offered on the site.

How exactly to applications make money for the creators? I dont see any advertisement on their part. Does Facebook pay them a fee per subscriber or does it have to do with people navigating to the apps home website and on their they click ads like Google Ads.

Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:34 PM

its stupid

Ads

WHY DONT YOU ASK FACEBOOK

I dont think they do make money. There are gifts on facebook that you can purchase with money. Like they have those gifts everyday for like a dollar that you buy for someone..

I think i read an article in popular science about the creater of the pirate app, it explained how it monitors what you do on your computer and offers adds while you play it. The creater made alot fo money.

if you have realised, not all of the applications on facebook are made by facebook themselves. so the creators of those applications have most likely paid facebook to advertise their application.

Advertisements Smile People pay good money to advertise in your application..

Also if you're really big (i.e. the media covers your application) a company might want to buy out your application.

Lastly, just the value a high profile application has on your CV would make you more employable so technically I would imagine this could earn you money in the long term.

It's free to add your application to Facebook, you don't pay them and they don't pay you.. but you are locked into their platform which ensures your loyalty to Facebook.