This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Long distance girlfriend cheating with new male friends?
11-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Long distance girlfriend cheating with new male friends?
Long story short, I have been in a long distance relationship with a woman for 2 years and in one month she will move here with me. I'm not a jealous guy, we both promised each other if either of us had sex with other people we would be honest about it instead of trying to hide things from each other, I haven't been with anyone and she says she has not either. But About 6 months ago she met a new group of friends all of them are male. More importantly Her lifestyle has changed since meeting them, she is going to clubs all the time with them dancing with them, having parties at her house with them, and pictures on Facebook of her surrounded by shirtless guys whose lifestyle and personalities seem much differet then mine. I asked her if there is anything more then friendship and she says no. I'm wondering if maybe there is more then friendship but she just doesn't want to hurt me? She is coming to a different country to be with me, so I know she cares, (she is a citizen here, we met when she was studying at harvard) I just want to know if she's not giving me the whole truth or if she really is being honest. I told her I wouldn't be mad, all I ask is that she doesn't hide anything. Is it really possible to have met a new group of men that she is always around, usually with alcohol involed and have had nothing with any of them? It seems hard to believe. I want her to feel like she can talk to me about anything, can I help her admit if there's something she hasn't told me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:36 PM

Well, you have a problem here. You don't trust her.

You have asked her if there is anything and she said "no". If there is nothing to admit then you "helping her" isn't going to achieve anything - except possibly make it obvious that you don't trust her. I don't really think that is very positive.

You need to take a pragmatic point of view. If you genuinely would not be bothered by her having sex with someone else then actually it doesn't really matter whether she does or does not tell you if she did. If you actually are going to be bothered - and the way you are behaving now suggests that you are - then her telling you if there had been something isn't really a very good idea as all it will do is lead to trouble.

She is coming to join you in a month's time after which her friendships with these guys are going to come to a natural end. In a month's time whatever is going on will come to an end.

You do have a choice but you really want to be sure that you are prepared to accept the consequences.You can accept what she has said or you can push her for what you suspect is the truth. But if you push, whatever the situation is, you stand a chance of her deciding that perhaps a relationship with you isn't such a good idea

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply