This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Privacy--invisable profile to non-friends?
11-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Facebook Privacy--invisable profile to non-friends?
I deleted one of my friends on Facebook, but when I comment a friend we are both friends with she replys to it on their page. My privacy settings are set to "only friends" on EVERYTHING for my profile. i need to know what to do in order to make my facebook seem invisable to the girl i deleted, as far as what i post to other people we are both friends with.

Also, when i preview my profile after these settings, i can still see all my "info" & freinds list, as well as profile picture, i want this all to be invisibale unless i am friends with someone. Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:36 PM

If you have mutual friends you can delete her but she can still read you comments on the mutual friends page? I am not sure if it has an invisible mode?

Ads

The only thing you can do to be "invisible" to someone is by blocking them. Go to their page and at the bottom theres a Report/Block option...otherwise theres nothing you can do to prevent them from commenting on something you wrote when its on the page of a mutual friend.

Make sure everything is to Friends Only. Account>Privacy Settings>Customize Settings...make sure all those options are "Friends Only."

Also go to Account>Privacy Settings>and at the very top theres a "Connecting on Facebook" thing with a "View Settings" option. Click that and change everything to "Friends Only" (Sounds like this might be where the problem is for you).

For your profile pic....well you can't make that invisible. Facebook used to have that option though (Don't know why they took that away!..wish they wouldn't have). The only thing you can do is prevent non-friends from clicking on it and looking through all your previous profile pics. Account>Privacy Settings>Customize Settings>in the middle of the page theres something that says "Edit album privacy for existing photos" click that. Find the "Profile Pictures" album and change it to "Friends Only"

Block that person by going to their profile, and click the "Block this person" link. Then they won't even see your account pop up anywhere except on other people's profiles.

However, if you post on a friend's wall, then whatever you post is subject to THEIR privacy settings, since it's on their profile. You will have to start all conversations on your own profile that you don't want them exposed to non-friends.

Your profile picture cannot be hidden from non-friends. It is only hidden from the individuals you block.