This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I talk so much?
11-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Why do I talk so much?
Ok, I have Autism. When I'm at school, I can't stop talking to my friends, and teachers. My teachers always gets on to me, and I can't control it!! Sometimes on facebook, a girl asks me to stop messaging her, and I still do it!! The worst part is, I get punished, because I can't shut my mouth! Last year my teacher always gives me lunch detention, because I can't stop talking! She knows I have Autism. One time I had to eat lunch with her, because I can't stop talking. Yes I did flip out. My History teachers made me write lines like 3 times, because of this! Sometimes I annoy people to. My other teacher told me to shut up like 10 times, because I can't help it. Please help!! How can I have control of my mouth!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:37 PM

You have a gift for gab.

Ads

11-09-2012, 01:37 PM

Hi Drizzy,
Interesting that you have impulse control problems since autism often involves a failure to verbally interact with others. What you've described more closely fits what we call hyperactivity. ADHA... Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a common problem which can include excessive talking. I suggest that you talk with your parents and/or your school counselor and ask for some help. With proper diagnosis and treatment you should be able to get your excessive talking under control. Best of luck.