This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Using a Facebook group to make money???? Any ideas?
11-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Using a Facebook group to make money???? Any ideas?
I created a group about 2 yrs ago, and it grew FAST, now its a big successful group. The group is a place for locals to buy, sell and trade and..... advertise there small businesses.

I spend a lot of time moderating the group. Babysit idiots and deal with complaints all the time. I feel like its almost become a job. Would it be wrong to set up an account and WHEN people want to advertise there business in the group make them pay a small fee? Or........ many do understand that by me moderating it consumes alot of my time, so.... make a donation button for members to donate, if everyone donated JUST $1 per month, my income would increase by 4k per month|

Or.... do u have any better ideas?
Pakstar I sure hope so.....
Mutant..... I have often thought the same thing, but.... I do alot of business in the group and have a lot of my business customers in there, I dont want them thinkin Im greedy, the reality of it is, I spen alot of hours there, and its a group everyone appreciates.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:40 PM

Unless you have to allow them to advertise and can control what is posted, I wouldn't say to charge people for advertising (in other words, if they are capable of making a visible post anywhere, where they can advertise publicly, you would be wasting your time charging them.... even if you can delete the ones you find).

A donation button would be better. If possible, I would have a minimum donation, and restrict the payment methods... You might also offer some sort of perk, if someone makes a donation (or a donation above a certain value)...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply