This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Friends with a nigrian guy who thinks it ok to called me fat. Should I leave him alone?
11-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Friends with a nigrian guy who thinks it ok to called me fat. Should I leave him alone?
We met through his cousin and he only seen pictures of me on facebook. We been talking for four years. When he made the comment I was wondering do he like me? Is it just his natural because nigerian guys are known to be rude.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:45 PM

I wouldn't stand for a guy insulting me. If I take offense, I let the person know. Just tell him that he may be used to saying stuff like that, but where you're from, he is just being rude and you don't appreciate it

Ads

maybe you're the insecure one here. btw, there are all kinds of people out there, some are more outspoken. also otherwise, there are some cultures where such things are 'acceptable'..i don't know about nigerians..but maybe it's really not a big deal for them to call fat women fat...and for their women to make an issue out of it.

That's pretty mean. In what context did he say it?

Its rude. If he has been your friend for a while it is even more rude and if you have been friends for that long educate him that in his culture it might be ok, but say to him " I am offended by your comment" and in our culture we do not say that.
Sounds like a horrible comment to make to a women or anyone actually