This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you be annoyed if your friend did this to you?
11-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Would you be annoyed if your friend did this to you?
Me and my friend have been friends for years,im godmother to her son,bridesmaid at her wedding.
Recently shes got really close to a girl she works with and has been going out with her group of friends(not bothering to ask me,although i always invite her out when i go out with other friends)

Her divorce came through this week and shes posted on her facebook "out with the girls on sat to celebrate my divorce woo hoo"
She hasnt bothered inviting me along on this night with the girls ...yet she still texts me but now she got in with this group of girls its like im not needed to go out with anymore she has them.
I supported her threw her divorce and i feel like i dont want to bring it up with her because she should want to invite me in the first place,i shouldnt have to explain because its common sense.
Am i being silly ?i feel really let down

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:48 PM

I would feel annoyed too, maybe you should just talk with her face to face?

Ads

Why don’t you just ask her why?

>

I've been through this situation before, yes i was very annoyed and i can see why you are to. Sometimes when people meet new people they change to fit in. Now you can either talk to her about it, or ignore it, or you could fight fire with fire, say on your fb wall something like "hanging out with good friends, having a laugh" or sumthing like that.. depends what kind of person you want to be, but i would probs do the fb thing.

Big Grin IF you dont mind answer my new question pleaase? Smile

she is living the single life , you are married . i agree you are finding it hard being left out , but can you really go clubbing ? mayb its better not to be asked than be asked and have to refuse .
can you both go out for lunch / cinmea / dinner ask her and tell her you miss her company , you no she has new work friends but u feel left out as its so long since you have been out toghter

Some people compartmentalize their lives. She's met a new friend who comes with a ready made set of other friends, so perhaps feels that you belong to a different part of her life, or that you'd feel out of place with all these people. We tend to get different things from different friendships and she might have discovered a new aspect to herself that she can be when with these people - different to how she is with you, which might make it a bit awkward if the two are brought together.

I dont think you're being silly but I dont think there's any need to feel let down. She's just reinventing herself in this post-divorce stage. Perhaps suggest that you'd love to meet her new freinds some time but otherwise just enjoy the times you do have together. You're her long-term, close friend; these newcomers have no shared past with her so no one will be able to take the special place you occupy.