This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help!! Facebook ads?
11-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Please help!! Facebook ads?
Usually I have Google Chrome and all the ads everywhere are blocked (including YouTube Big Grin) but I decided to use Internet Explorer and ran across one of those name generator ads. Curiously I clicked on it and it started asking me questions. At the end it asked for my email and phone number to send me a pin so I can get my results so I entered them and I received a text saying:

"MFC! 1000 creds/mo for tones, games&more @9.99/ mo+Msg&data rates may apply.
Reply HELP for Help. PIN 9526"

Confused I entered the pin just wanting my result and received another text saying:

"MFC! Tonesgames&more @mobilefuncenter.com. Reply HELP for help/866-963-6946. Reply STOP to cancel. 1000 credits for $9.99/mo+Msg&data rates may apply."

Still confused I replied Help but was messaged nothing in return so scared I replied STOP over and over again and barely received a text saying:

"You are not subscribed. You will no longer receive any msgs or charges. Visit mobilefuncenter.com or reply HELP for help. Msg&Data Rates May Apply."

Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this and are you charged anything if you reply STOP right away? My bills already @80/mo. and I can't be paying for any more than that. Please help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:50 PM

If you replied STOP, and were notified that you will not receive any further texts, then you don't have to worry about future bills. It is possible, however, that you will be charged for the initial text(s) you received before stopping them.

The worst case scenario, as I see it, is that you're charged the 9.99 for one month, but hopefully it doesn't come to that. If I were you I'd go to mobilefuncenter.com and look for a support email address, so that you can email them asking about the issue.

They are notoriously greasy, however, and attempt to charge clients whenever they can. I wish you luck!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply