This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can an online/long distance relationship work?
11-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Can an online/long distance relationship work?
Ok I met this girl Maichi on facebook last month like I already knew her sister she's 19 and im 20. Plus her and I had been chatting plus she is a model at cyber japan and I was so in love with her and she said I am quite handsome and she told me she was looking for a boyfriend and so I said do you want to go out with me and she said sure. Then she started liking some of my profile pictures and she also listed that her and I are in a relationship so I clicked confirm and I got excited. But the thing she lives in Japan and i live in las vegas. I wanted to find a way to meet up with her because chatting on facebook won't be enough i tried sending her messages but she hasn't responded yet. Do you think it will be possible to meet up with her in person? Or am i out of luck?
@Richard Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:52 PM

Any type of relationship can work out, but you need to make sure that the two of you are contributing to this relationship so it will last. It might take a while, but eventually you two could visit each other. One time you go to see her in Japan, and the next she comes to see you in Las Vegas. Just keep chatting to each other, but remember that one of you may move on, I'm not saying you will, but you need to remember probability and possibility. Good luck!

Ads

11-09-2012, 01:52 PM

Online relationships work well and can go on for many years provided you don't discuss romance and meeting each other because that creates a desire. Once you create the desire to meet each other the relationship becomes terminal unless you actually intend to meet and make tentative plans. So, if the plan to meet doesn't eventuate, one or both of you will become frustrated and end the relationship. You can imagine how it would be in real life as a couple who want to get together but are separated by an unscalable wall with windows and iron bars. You can see each other and talk but never touch.

In order for you to meet her, one of you will have to travel and the cost is roughly $1,950 return with a flight time of about 17 hours each way (I had a flight calculator handy). Are you still interested? If so then from lots of experience it will take roughly 200+ contacts with her to discover if you are truly compatible before rushing into it, or you will be in for a great disappointment when you finally meet, unless you are incredibly lucky and hit it off. In reality it's like a very expensive blind date.