This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook: How do I set a photo album's privacy so only those who are tagged can see it?
11-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Facebook: How do I set a photo album's privacy so only those who are tagged can see it?
I want to change the privacy of an album to include only the people who are tagged in the photo, but don't want to go in and manually make lists. If I set it so that it's only viewable by me, will the people who are tagged still be able to see it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:55 PM

theres no way to do that without doing it manually. you just have to type in the friends names in the "who can view this" under edit album. Facebook can be stupid, sorry!

Ads

11-09-2012, 01:55 PM

You can identify people in your photos by tagging the images.

To tag your photos, please follow the steps below:
Go to the Photos page and select "My Photos."
Click the "Edit Album" link of the album that you want to tag.
Click on a person’s face in the photo and then select their name in the box that pops up. If their name is not in the box, you can type it in the text field. If you need to tag yourself, select "me."
Repeat this process for everyone in the photo that you would like to tag.
Click "Save Changes" when you are done.
Please note that when you tag a friend in a photo, it will be accessible from the "View Photos of" link beneath their profile picture. You can also tag someone else’s photos while browsing them. To do this, click on "Tag This Photo" from the actions listed under the photo.

To remove the tag from a photo that someone else has uploaded and tagged you in, simply view the photo, and then choose "remove tag" at the bottom next to your name. The photo will no longer be linked to your profile. Please note that if you tag a user in a photo that you did not upload, you cannot remove or edit the tag. Only the owner of the photo and the tagged user will be able to do so.

Please note that you can set your notifications so that you always know when someone tags you or one of your photos. If you wish to remove a tag made on a photo that you uploaded, please select the "remove tag" link when viewing the photo.

You can control who can see photos tagged of you and uploaded by you. Your options include: "Everyone," "My Networks and Friends," "Only People in my Primary Network," "Friends of Friends," "Only Friends," and "Only Me." You can also select "Customize" to prevent particular friends or Friend Lists from seeing a photo.

To edit your album privacy, follow the steps below:
Go to the photo album.
Click the "Edit Photos" link at the top of the screen.
Select the Edit Info tab.
Update your album privacy.
Please also take note that if the photo resides in an album you do not own, then the owner of the album will need to adjust the album privacy. This may affect the visibility of photos in "View More Photos of Me" under your profile picture.

You can also access the photo album privacy settings by going to your Privacy Settings page, clicking "Profile Information," and then choosing a setting next to "Photo Albums."