This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I got in a fight with my friend :( can you help?
11-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I got in a fight with my friend :( can you help?
We're best friends and literally known each other since we were born! We got into a fight today and I think she took it as a big fight. What happened was our friends were planning to go to the movies this Saturday and have been planning it since the beginning of last week and I was asking her if could go today and she said, "idk". And I asked her, what do you mean you don't know? She said it was because she was broke. Then I told her just ask to borrow some money from her parents, the ticket only cost six dollars (I think). She said she would feel bad for taking her parents money. I found that a complete lie because she always asks for stuff from her parents. I told her that she always uses her parents money though and she told me that she still feels bad though. Then of course knowing that she was making up an excuse for not going I started to question her. I asked why out of all times now stop asking? And I said borrow not take if that was actually the case. Then she finally said, "I WENT OUT LAST SATURDAY SO ITS A NO." Earlier I asked her if she asked her parents yet and she said she didn't yet which made me a little frustrated that she's not asking her parents yet when we all planned this a week ago. I don't mind her asking her parents at the last minute. But that's not why I'm frustrated with her. I got frustrated because she knew she couldn't come since last week and every time I asked if she could go she kept saying, "idk". Or make up an excuse. After she said that she went out last Saturday and she can't come. I told her that she could have told me she couldn't come way earlier since she knew she couldn't come the moment we planned the group outing. Then she said, "Well geez. I'm sorry". Then I told her that she didn't need to say sorry then she swore and said,"Well what the fuck am I suppose to say then?" I then asked her if she was mad at me and she said no. Of course since knowing her for so long I know when she lies. I can tell if shes lying just by her typing. I apologized to her because I felt bad, I didn't mean to come off as pushy or intimidating. She didn't say anything or say that it was okay. She then started posting statuses on facebook like," We didn't stop being friends, we just stopped seeing each other as friends." That made me feel horrible. I don't know how to make this better! Sad She's acting all happy now but I know she's not, I know she's still mad at me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:56 PM

Hi lol Smile Well, there are a variety of things to be the cause of the fight.
1.) She could come from a not-much-money family and know she shouldn't spend money that's hard to make. There could have been several reasons in that, too, like she already spent what she could borrow, as well as going out already, you know?
2.) She might feel like you're spending too much time together
3.) Maybe she's just growing apart from you.
4.) She knows a guy who is going and doesn't want to see him, or wants to go on a date with him then
I know this might be tough, and it's entirely possible that it'll blow over and you'll be great friends again, but have you thought about giving her some space? Maybe she just wants to be alone and is going through a difficult time at home or something. Girls are very confusing (to each other as well! lol) I know a couple of friends that got in a big fight, didn't talk for a while, and then were like two peas in a pod a month (give or take a while) later. It doesn't matter how mad a friend gets at you. If you're meant to be best friends, you will be Smile
You can find other friends that will never tire of you and will always want to hang out with you Smile Lots of girls have been in these situations, and it can be sad, but it can actually be for the best. You apologized, so maybe you could give her some time to not be mad and just let it blow over Smile Everything will be okay Smile I hope I helped. If you'd like to talk more, let me know, and I'll be happy to talk to you Smile Don't worry! praying for you and God bless Big Grin

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply