This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to make long distance relationship work, please help :(?
11-09-2012, 04:26 PM
How to make long distance relationship work, please help :(?
How can I make a relationship work if I am in the same country as my girlfriend for 3 weeks and away for 4, going back and forth.. I have access to skype and facebook while in the other country.. I just need some help I need to make this work, any idea's to make it easier during the 4 weeks? anything? what i should do when with her? has something similar like this worked for people? thankyou everyone Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:34 PM

move closer

Ads

It takes a special kind of person. I have been in 2 long distance relationships and they both failed miserably. The only way it works is if you trust each other and your love for one another is real.
I have a friend who has been dating someone a thousand miles away for almost 2 years. They get to see each other for about a week, 4 or 5 times a year. They are also happy. I don't know how they do it or why, but I do know that they love each other and are dedicated to it.
I know that's not real advice, per se, but if you are wondering if it's even possible then I can tell you, "yes, absolutely, it can work, and you don't have to be miserable about it."
Best of Luck to You

honestly there is no real answer for it can work you have to make it work on your own. eveyr long distance relationship is different form another so you can make it work. if your doing all you can do and your putting your all into EVERYTHING and shes not doing anything in return then its not ment to be . just do the best you can eventually itll work doll

Send each other nude pictues of each other.Talk every day or if it cost to much text.when you are together be with each other as much as you can.

I'm in my 2nd LDR, and it aint easy! My first one failed miserably because my ex didnt trust me and never liked me going out. He rather me stay at home to talk to him on msn/facebook/skype. So thats one piece of advice i have for you: dont do what he did. Let your gf go out and enjoy her life, try not to get jealous when she cant come home on time to talk to you. (not saying you will, but it happens)

My current LDR is like this: we've been together 7months but lived in seperate countries for the past 5months. (bf got a job oversees after graduation). How my current relationship works out is that we talk everyday, update each other on how everything's going, and send each other links of funny videos or pictures to share a laugh together. We tell each other to have fun and enjoy whatever we're going out to do with our friends. which translates to SUPPORT.

Support each other and let them know you have their back. I randomly text my bf when im out that i miss him or saw something that reminded me of him. Let them know they're in your thoughts and still a part of your life. If not, things drift apart verrrrryyyy fast.

Thats what works for me, it sucks, but we're managing. Good luck!