This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My boyfriend hardly gives me attention, I feel like I need it from other men?
11-09-2012, 04:28 PM
My boyfriend hardly gives me attention, I feel like I need it from other men?
My boyfriend hardly give me any attention and it's been getting really bad lately. I try to give him affection and he takes me for granted. He talks to other girls and his exes on Facebook and twitter. Never me. I've brought it up with him and he just says he loves me, but never changes. He used to be so amazing. Recently my ex started texting me compliments and it made me feel so good. I didn't respond, but I thought about it. Any advice?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:37 PM

Advice: he's showing you who and what he is, so believe him. (You're doing the same thing to him by not being no-contact with your ex and thriving on his attention.) Dump the guy, leave the ex alone, and get counseling to improve your self-esteem while spending time with your GFs. If you settle, you'll get what you got.

Ads

Every gal wants to feel appreciated, and of course your bf isn't, you're letting him! You've enabled him, told him it's okay that he doesn't treat you the way you should be treated because he doesn't have resulting consequences; he just gets a talking-to.

Break up with the guy who doesn't appreciate you and don't get back together with him! Be on your own, have a good time with it (and then evaluate if you actually have feelings for your ex, or if the old problems would just come back again).

I wish I could just give a thumbs up or down to an answer, but I can't! So I want to say that Punk With Values has your answer. If only I had someone with advice like that during my teen and early 20s years!

Why is he still your boyfriend?

Is your purpose in dating to get laid or to find a future soul mate. If you just want to get laid, then stay with him. I'm sure the orgasms are worth it.

If you are looking for a soul mate, and part of that is finding someone who puts you on a pedestal and acts like a MAN and actually knows how to treat a woman, then drop this guy. You can't meet your prince charming when you are tied up in another relationship.

break up

I am sorry to say this & I don't intend tht u start to hate him or leave him right now for other men. Pls, continue to battle d case wth him (prayerfully & otherwise) for a while, expecting a change of attitude from him, okey? It is not good if he hardly gives u any attention & takes u for granted if really u do give him d needed affection. It is not healthy if he talks wth other girls & his exes & not u. It is not enough for him to say he loves u but never changes. Thought of ur ex less for now.