This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ramadan: Why are people obsessed with stuff like Facebook and Hi5?
11-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Ramadan: Why are people obsessed with stuff like Facebook and Hi5?
Don't they know that they can possibly show off their photos to perverts and even use them for malicious purposes? Especially for girls. That is what I think. What do you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:38 PM

Im thinkin the same thing man
social networking sites suck

Ads

I don't use it much, its not very good. I just bother people for a bit then thats it, I use it once ever 4 months IF THAT.

ITS CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Big Grin

What's Hi5?

They spy on each other like, they like reality crap.
I gave facebook up 1.5 years ago and never turned around.
Everyone got upset at the superhero pictures and wanted to see my own. Which I didn't put and so thats why they got upset hahah!

Too slow of a system you need highspeed for that and not all the terminals I am on take it, but Yahoo answers works fine in all terminals. Besides what are you doing to do with someones information and profile unless your a freak!

Because it's like going to a party to connect with other people, but you don't have to dress up, drink, or put out much effort at all.

It's also much easier for someone to say/do things from behind a keyboard (or camera) that you normally wouldn't do in a face-to-face situation.

I think they're great for reconnecting with people you haven't seen in a while, but they certainly don't replace a Real Life™.

Well as what all the People who much addicted to facebook . like in my case .. i find it much easier to connect people who [ in my Life ] !
that means the people that i know ! and i want to keep in touch .. it's just like a daily habitt ! to ask hows ur friends are !
so am useing this network to know ! -- it's 2009 and every single normal person will know what facebook for !

and fot the case u talk about the girls or what eva what it is the one who posts photos of them !
not neccesary to go to facebook and need to post a photo of u .. and it's okay if u only add people who knows u !

so .. ignore the people u dont know . and set some settings to not view your profile pic that simply ..

and every place u go to .. there's a good Sides and there's the most awkward awful side !

hope u get my point

sorry and have a nice day

Its good if you wanna stalk people lol

I don't have a hi5 and I've deactivated my facebook
I use MSN and only MSN =D

It does ruin peoples lives, in more ways than posting pictures. Communicating through typing rather than voice is a very deceptive way to make yourself think you are 'socializing' when in reality, it only creates the illusion of social interaction. Humans are gregarious beings by nature, so this takes a toll on the way you think and interact with people. You will notice that a lot of people who spend too much time on these sites (making friends online, in general) begin to lessen their real social interactions. There have been numerous psychological studies to indicate this, and it is these people who dont have real face-to-face friends that will face problems in their marriage, their workplace, and with friends and colleagues.

I have facebook, but only log on once or twice a week. I use it to stay in touch with my friends halfway across the world more than anything else. I have never posted a picture of myself.

They have been used for malicious purposes here in the US. Perverts can contact each other that way. One posted on his page that he was "curious, interested" in cannibalism. This happened less than 15 miles from where I live. He killed a young girl and butchered her and was going to eat her. He had friends he met through the site and they were shocked to find out what crime he had committed, they didn't get a clue from the cannibal remarks. The police found his page after they found the little girl. (The little girl's father lived downstairs from the murderer, she was very friendly and would talk to anyone) And employers are checking out pages of their employees or job applicants looking for reasons that they shouldn't hire or promote them.

And young people, who are naive, will post all kinds of details including clues to where they live and go to school...doesn't make it hard for someone with bad intentions to find them.