This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would you do if your rather spoiled teenage daughter....?
11-09-2012, 04:32 PM
What would you do if your rather spoiled teenage daughter....?
borrowed your credit card to go online and buy you some Parenting lessons!

I'd like for my Daddy to modernize his parenting. Some of my concerns:

1) Not letting me have e-mail, Facebook or MySpace
2) Overreliance on threats of corporal punishment for backtalk and getting in trouble at school
3) Holding me to a clothing budget
4) Forcing me to go to boarding school this fall.
5) Demanding to do a "wardrobe inspection" before I go out.

Thank you and good day!
Thank you Wabby and Victoria,

I think you both had EXTREMELY good answers.

Thank you and good day
Victoria - you are right, he would probably be EXTREMELY upset and would TAN my butt.

Personally I don't think my brother and sister turned all out that great, and my daddy knows I am the smart one, albeit rather spoiled. One day when I go school and get an email I'll tell you about it, Thank you and good day.
Welcome Back Emawee!!! This is EXTREMELY exciting to see you back, we were worried.
I think Herbie's Man leaves a lot to be desired. Herbie could do a LOT BETTER than that.

Thank you and good day.
Some EXTREMELY good answers came from:

Wabby
Keltimes
Ionian23
Herbie
Gussie
Emawee
Victoria the multi-talented actress, etc..

Thank you and good day.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:41 PM

I'd feel justified for numbers 1,3,4 and 5.
I'd never even think of 2.

Ads

Here are some suggestions

1) stop being such a brat
2) Dress like a girl your age should
3) Take school seriously

BTW if my daughter bought me a book on parenting with my CC she would be in deep trouble. Here is another suggestion... go to the Bookstore (Yeah, it's that place you've never been in..next to HOT TOPIC at the mall)
and look at the parenting books. They will say to do what your Dad is already doing...set limits. Have fun in boarding school Avril!

I would
1. No internet, not even for research for school(we do have these things called books)
2. No clothing budget. Yoiu have clothes. Hope they fit for awhile.
3. Forget boarding school-try religious boarding school of the strictist kind.
4. No inspections because you wouldn't be going out.
Before you think I'm some mean parent, think about this-I am 25 and don't even have a daughter. This is what I would find reasonable had I done this and was getting punishment.

Well the rather spoiled teenage daughter would go to "juvie" for using my credit card with out my permission. The rather spoiled teenage daughter needs to grow up and quite being a little bitch.

Hey, how about behaving and obeying what you are told? It is your parents responsibility to look after you and take care of you. They do not have to cater to your every little want. When you are old enough to have a job, and support your spoiled little self, then you can worry about getting what you want.

Lori, I don't believe he needs parenting lessons but you should talk to him.

You're 16 and very mature for your age. Explain to him how MySpace works. That you can only communicate with people who you accept as a friend. Also explain that he's only hearing the bad stories about these sites and Myspace and Facebook will let you communicate with your friends. Also, living in the year 2007, email is very important.

You are very smart so please use that to your advantage. Don't get yourself into trouble unnecessarily. Be polite to everyone, it will get you so far in life.

You have a part time job so you have money of your own to spend on clothes. Also your father should supply you with clothing. But remember that you earn your own money.

The boarding school one is hard. He doesn't really have too many options. But I'm sure you will fit in well there and you'll have a great time. Just work hard and make heaps of new friends.

The wardrobe inspection is a bit silly. You're 16 and I believe that is old enough to make your own decision about your body. But dress class, not skanky and cheap (I'm not saying you do btw) Remember either boobs or legs showing. Not both when you're wearing the same outfit.

Just remind your father that you're a young woman and you would like to be treated like that and be allowed to make some decisions.

Have a nice day.

Wow....no offense, Lor, but I think I'd lose it. Especially considering your dad WOULD lose it. I'd be pissed at my kid and probably really concerned about myself as a parent.

I will agree with you that your daddy is inordinately strict. And I will agree that it's kind of unfair that you can't have email, facebook or myspace. However, I also feel that he is really trying to do what's best for you. Meanwhile, look at Jillian and Mark. How have they turned out? Just realize that he wanted everything to be good for you. Most dads are like this.

When you're in boarding school, couldn't you get facebook, myspace and everything else??

Ok, so don't buy parenting lessons. He'd like--kill you.

I decided that you can have my email address: secondary; once we get in touch I'll give you my main. It's babynamehelp@gmail.com.

Good luck Lori!!

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//

all the points except #2 are valid.

1)You don't NEED facebook or myspace for survival
3)how much clothes do you really need? I am not going to allow you to COMPETE with your whole school for the "best" clothes -->Best in a teen's mind usually means OVERPRICED.
4)TOO MANY teens are getting pregnant before their senior year of high school.......there are good reasons to put a kid (not saying male or female, just most kids) into private school.
5)Ok, as my daughter, you will not go out of the house dressed like slut. you will maintain your self respect. The only reasons for such type of clothing is to attract the male of the species and usually this attraction is NOT for the purpose of having a hamburger at the fast food joint down the street.

As for using MY credit card to try to tell me how I should raise a daughter....you wouldn't see outside until you were 18...and only for school!

I would go crazy!!!