This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it weird to say to your best friends mom that shes your ''second mom''?
11-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Is it weird to say to your best friends mom that shes your ''second mom''?
I only have one TRUE mom but shes like a second mom to me and I wants to say it to her on Facebook but I don't want people to think I'm weird.It might not be weird at all..it just feels weird

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:42 PM

ask to you're mom if she feels unconfortable if you do that, explain to her that she is your true mother and that you love her, if she says it is okay than go ahead it will be really cute

Ads

I don't think there's a harm in it. In fact that will make your friendship much stronger and your own mum will even appreciate it

I think telling her that is a lovely compliment to her, and it's not weird at all. I'm 60 yrs old now but my best female friend and I have been best friends since 6th grade and her mom was always like a second mom to me. She's in her late 80's now and I still send her a "You're like a mother to me" card on Mother's Day.
However........having said that, I don't think that Facebook is the place to say/post something like that for the whole world to see. It's a lovely, sentimental compliment and if I was her, it would have more meaning if it was said to my face.

no its not wierd.. my best friends mom is the same way with me.. she understands me and is always more concerned about my well being than my real mom!!! huh!! go figure!