This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to tell my dad i hate him!!!?
11-09-2012, 04:36 PM
How to tell my dad i hate him!!!?
Recently he has wanted to came back into my life. after 15 years i have only seen him three times.Every time he says he will be a better father, and because he is my father i believe him. Though after a while of writing letters he would just stop out of no where. Break my heart, i can't take it anymore i am finally happy and don't want him in my life cause i can't take another heartbreak from someone who is supposed to love me for no matter what. How do i tell him that i don't want him in my life?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:44 PM

tell him exactly what you just wrote

Ads

Tell him: "I don't want you in my life".

Explain him what are the reasons you act with he. Talk with him and explain why do you feel like that.

hey dad I hate you.

If you just yell and scream and say "I hate you! Go away!" chances are-- he won't. He'll try to fight to come back into your life because he'll rationalize that you're just saying that because you're angry and you're not thinking clearly. The best way to do this is to tell him calmly and confidently, "I don't want you in my life. Please respect my wishes and leave me be." This will show that you've given it a lot of thought, and you're calm and thinking clearly-- and this is what you really want. This will show that your decision is not coming from emotional anger, but rational thinking and that means much more than just screaming out hate.

I agree with the first answer! You don't need to tell him you hate him. I know we heard this a lot in elementary school and it is cliche but hate is, in fact, a strong word and should be used wisely. Since your dad did break your heart, you don't hate him. Only love can break your heart. But you have every right to be upset with him! Tell him how you feel! Tell him he breaks your heart, and you no longer want to see him! I am so sorry you're going through this. I haven't seen my father in 7 years. My best friend's daughter never sees her dad either. She's only a 2 year old little girl who will probably never know her dad. I feel for you.

tell him that he breaks your heart everytime an you dont want people who dont care enough in your life currently or just dont awnser his letters.

Text, email, phone call, letter, Facebook

Some people were not meant to be parents. When he contacts you he is probably feeling guilty or is drunk.

If he wrote you a letter, don't respond. If he calls, don't answer. If he sends you messages on facebook, ignore him/unfriend him.

If he has proven he can not be a parent for the last 15 years, and keeps disappointing, just let it go. There is no reason to put yourself through this stress just because he wants to make contact every time.