This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I start focusing more on schoolwork?
11-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Should I start focusing more on schoolwork?
Im in grade 10, and lately my grades have been going down but i have high aspirations in terms of university. but the only time I have when im not playing sports or doing other things would be the time I usually spend hanging out with friends. does it make sense i guess to give up my social life a bit, and delete my twitter and facebook? because they tend to distract me at home?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:45 PM

You don't need to punish yourself. Just put a few more hours in every week. I spent the entire 2 years of my GCSE messing around and walked away with almost straight A*s.

Ads

I think in this point in your life you should start focusing on school a lot more because college is right around the corner, i mean yeah you can still have a social life, you just have to try to not let it get in the way of your school work.

your education may not seem like a big deal right now but if you let it slip and don't concentrate on your schooling you will regret it later in life. I know I did. I didn't pay much attention in school I thought my social life was more important but I was wrong and now I wished I had paid more attention and worked harder at it. Now I am stuck unable to get a job and im not very smart compared to others so I would say yes I mean don't cut out your social life completely but if you were like me and your social life outweighs your schooling and you find yourself on facebook more often then doing homework and if your grades a slipping then I would say yeah you should pay more attention to schooling. And you know already thats what you should be doing but sometimes its easier to just put it off for later but later becomes tomorow and tomorow becomes a few days then a week and pretty soon your too late and times up. Stay focused and hang in there school may seem like it is a forever on going thing that can be really stressful and annoying but it is worth it ok

goodluck