This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do u know if you are following the real person on twitter?
11-09-2012, 04:39 PM
how do u know if you are following the real person on twitter?
I just got a twitter because I want to follow Adam Lambert (I'm sure about it's his official one since it was a news thing on yahoo), but how do I know about other people. I mean, does Dan Brown even have a twitter?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:47 PM

Dont go on twitter!

Ads

There's no way to tell *now* except by guessing based on how many followers they have.

Twitter is rolling out a Verified Account process. When you see a Verified Account sticker on someone's Twitter page, it'll let you know they're the genuine article.

http://twitter.com/help/verified

How do you know whether a Facebook profile is real? How do you know whether an email is real? How do you know whether a website is real? You just know whether it's real or fake if you just read through it.

There are loads of fake accounts on Twitter, as well as others which I wouldn't care about, and they all add me to their followers list. all powered by stupid bots that just add random people for the hell of it, and go on keywords. One time I tweeted about some chav who was urinating at the bus stop as I was driving home, and somehow some transport group decided to follow my twitter. how messed up is that? i actually put swearing and the "p" word instead of urinating, but they still added me. nobody in their right mind would follow me on twitter unless they actually knew me, but there you go, such is the awesome power of twitter today everybody is jumping on it.

I follow http://twitter.com/valebrity which has a site of all the peoples official twitter pages and updates often, so thats a place to check it out, other times you can tell because if they tweet personal things, or pictures of themselves.

its a guessing game im afraid, sometimes u just know tho by looking at comments etc

most people post there twitters on there real website so best to check there xx

How do you know the person really is who they say on any site on the Internet? You don't, that is one of the dangers of 'faceless' communication unless of course you are using webcams.