This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you ever get a teensy bit jealous and sad when friends get pregnant?
11-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Do you ever get a teensy bit jealous and sad when friends get pregnant?
I feel like Im reaching that age where everyone is starting to have babies. And Im happy for them, but I feel like every time I log into facebook, or run into an old friend from high school, someone I once knew is pregnant. My father always told me that "jealousy is all the fun you think they have", and Im sure that's the case, but I am sad for a few minutes. Does this happen to y'all? Please tell me this is a somewhat normal womanly reaction?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:48 PM

I do. Me and my husband want a child and it seems like everyone I know is pregnant or just had a baby. I think its normal. I get past it and get happy for them because in my heart I know it will happen eventually for us.

Ads

Well I get excited for them, but at the same time just kind of wish that I was ready to have one myself. I have always dreamt about being a mommy. I know I should wait, but still I get kind of sad. I know what comes with having children and so it's not a fact that I don't know how what involved. Well I guess if I'm just one girl, I do the same thing.

YES

I have to be honest, I don't get a teensy bit jealous, I get really jealous, upset and angry.
We have been trying for #2 for almost 2 years and it just isn't happening. The Dr's won't do anything because we're both in our 20's and 'should' be healthy. Even though I have PCOS they still aren't willing to help us.

Don't get me wrong I love all my friends and family. But I do get jealous because it's something I want so badly yet I can have. I get upset because it's taking it's toll on us. I get angry because we long for a baby and can't have one. We love our son with every inch of our hearts, but we would like him to have a sibling.

I know we are very very fortunate people to have our son and there are many people who don't even have 1 child and are longing for one.

What your Dad said is true but it can't take your feelings away.

It will happen oneday you just have to be patient. Easy to say I know!

It is VERY normal to feel like that.

im a jealous girl - its made more pain than not
i am happy for women and but i also want to have my own
i also get jealous when women dress revealing , i dont do that because i dont want there men looking at me and i want that respect to- its normal but we have to be thankful we are still able to bare children

Yes, but I also feel happy for them.

yes it is normal I have this feeling everytime I get around my friends that are pregnet or have a cild and I feel like it should be me sorry hun but this is normal for women to feel this way when they want a baby so badly

No I don't I'm happy for them I just wish I could be pregnant along with them they deserve happiness too ill just share their babies til my time comes.:•}

Not really jealous, mostly envious and happy for them. My husband and I been trying to conceive for months. Still no results.